2011-05-26

Visuals from My Alaska Road Trip

It was a good trip through Alaska last week.  The ferry across the Yukon River wasn't in when I left on Monday, so I had to take the long way around (down to Whitehorse and then back north to the border, which adds over 1000 km to the trip)--but the effort was worth it.  Shopping in Anchorage, and visiting Seward and Homer was lovely.


View Road Trip in a larger map

I think I took fewer photographs than I sometimes have on previous trips; I had so many miles to cover that I couldn't stop on the roadsides as much as I like, and the weather was really off and on.  But it was fabulously relaxing, and wonderful to be out on the road again--especially knowing what a wonderful life I had to return to in Dawson.

Head on over to Flickr to view some snaps...
A BearOn the Tok CutoffA ViewDriving...Seward, AKMy room at the Ocean House Inn
Hot Tub!On the beachMacroLooking towards Homer SpitMailboxesRussian Old Believer Cemetery
Kachemak BayMailboxes with A ViewTransfiguration of Our Lord ChurchMeThe Matanuska GlacierFinn Scary, Stegosaur
View from the George Black Ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment