It was an extra-special show this week: I had my first ever on-air guest! Dan Sokolowski, programmer extraordinaire of the Dawson City International Short Film Festival, joined me for the last half-hour of my show so that we could give away some sexy sexy film fest swag and tix to the festival next weekend. He also contributed some music to the show, keeping it movie-themed with songs from Risky Business, A Prairie Home Companion and The Hours. Dan stuck around after the end of my show to keep giving things away and hang out with Brendan for his solo edition of The Kings of Dawson City.
I also treated listeners to three tracks off of the new TV on the Radio release, Nine Types of Light, and played a really awesome Kenny Rogers cover by Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings.
- Chic Gamine--Don't Think That I Can Stay
- Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings--I Just Dropped in to See What Condition My Condition Is In
- Devendra Banhart--Lover
- OK Go--I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe
- TV on the Radio--Second Song
- TV on the Radio--Keep Your Heart
- TV on the Radio--Will Do
- Screen Door Porch--Wrong the Right
- The Like--Walk of Shame
- Dominant Legs--Young at Love and Life
- Alex Ebert--A Million Years
- Ezra Koenig--Papa Hobo
- Page France--Say Wolf in the Summertime
- Right Away, Great Captain--My Body Aches for You
- Cotton Jones--By Morning Light
- Fierce Creatures--The Brute and the Beast
- Tangerine Dream--The Dream is Always the Same
- A Praire Home Companion--Bad Jokes
- Philip Glass--The Hours
- Kim Barlow--Dawson City Loves You Back
|Dan and Brendan in the CFYT station.|
Be sure to tune in to the show next week when I'll be teaming up with the Kings of Dawson City to live broadcast from the film festival's street party, happening outside of the KIAC building at Second and Princess, from about 6:30 to 8.