2010-11-01

Meat & Potatoes #7

I branched out this week and instead of just playing mp3s off of my laptop, I skimmed through the record collection at the station and played a few vinyl cuts (sort of--once I forgot to hit the cue button again and played about two minutes dead air by accident [I almost cried]).  Here's the playlist, with the vinyl tracks marked with an asterisk:


  1. Hefner--Trouble Kid
  2. Marvin Gaye--Stubborn Kind of Fellow
  3. Aretha Franklin--Do Right Woman, Do Right Man
  4. The O'Jays--Love Train
  5. Willie Bobo--Fried Neckbones and Some Home Fries (Dan the Automator Remix)
  6. Tim Buckley--Move With Me*
  7. Roberta Flack--Compared to What*
  8. Billie Holiday--Crazy He Calls Me*
  9. Etta James--You Can Keep Your Hat On
  10. Gladys Knight & the Pips--I Heard It Through the Grapevine (Sympathy for the Grapes Mix by The Randy Watson Experience)
  11. Bill Withers--Use Me
  12. The Band--Long Black Veil*
  13. Crosby & Nash--Cowboy of Dreams*
  14. Del Wood--Where the Blue of Night Meets the Gold of Day*
  15. Ohio Players--Love Rollercoaster
  16. Young Rascals--In the Midnight Hour
  17. Deep Cotton--Self!
  18. Me'Shell Ndegeocello--If That's Your Boyfriend (He Wasn't Last Night)
  19. Spoon--I Turn My Camera On
  20. Scissor Sisters--Do the Strand
  21. TV on the Radio--Golden Age
  22. George 2.0--Turn Off the TV
  23. The Rapture--Whoo!  Alright Yeah...Uh Huh
  24. Roberta Flack--Angelitos Negros

No comments:

Post a Comment