2010-11-25

Meat & Potatoes #11

This week's music selection was a little more well-loved often-played desert-island type music...

  1. TV on the Radio--Heroes
  2. Iron & Wine--Resurrection Fern
  3. Sufjan Stevens--Vitto's Ordination Song
  4. Joanna Newsom--Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
  5. DeVotchKa--Til the End of Time
  6. Angus & Julia Stone--Paper Aeroplane
  7. Jenn Grant--Dreamer
  8. Feist--Mushaboom
  9. Bright Eyes--Another Travelin' Song
  10. Dave Matthews Band--Two Step
  11. Belle and Sebastian--The Blues are Still Blue
  12. Hefner--I Love Only You
  13. Melissa McClelland--A Girl Can Dream
  14. Jeff Buckley--Hallelujah
  15. Maria McKee--If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags)
  16. Justin Rutledge--This Is War
  17. Cowboy Junkies--Sweet Jane
  18. Neko Case--At Last
  19. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy--Take However Long You Want
  20. G. Love and Special Sauce--I-76
  21. Beck--Go It Alone
  22. Scissor Sisters--Don't Feel Like Dancing
  23. David Bowie--Heroes
I also shared a great recipe for carrot cupcakes that I found over at Epicurious.com.  I did make two small changes when I made mine.  I decided to add a 100 gram package of pecan pieces to the cupcakes (carrot cake doesn't seem like carrot cake to me unless it has nuts in it).  And I skipped the orange frosting and went for a classic cream cheese icing instead:

1 pkg brick-style cream cheese
2 tbsp buttter
splash of vanilla
2 cups icing sugar

This made a lot of icing--I have leftovers in the freezer for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment